Friday, October 06, 2006

Only a matter of time...

While we were at the hospital yesterday watching our newest nephew getting his first bath, it hit me, more so than it has these past few months. Enz asked me if I was ready for this, and I was literally speechless! I couldn't even muster up the strength to say anything, it was weird! Just standing there and watching Rick talking to the nurse was a total reality check. That'll be me in a few months! So many thoughts were rushing through my mind, and it really hit home while I was just standing there. Wow, we're going to be parents; I'm going to be a father and Enza is going to be a mother; How much time should I take off; We need to start saving more money for our children's education; How are we going to deal with the dog; My mom will be a grandmother; etc etc...

Whew! I was seriously drained just from all the stuff going through my head! I guess I'll just take it one day at a time, that's really the only way to look at it right now. We've got tons of help all around us, so I'm not really worried along those lines. I guess just the thought of being good parents is what I want to focus on. For now, all I can do is pray that everything works out...

1 comment:

bcmorris said...

Gerald - You and Enza will do fine! No worries, you also have your big sister to help out anytime. Don't be afraid to ask! :) I'm here for you guys...