Thursday, September 28, 2006

Cravings


Hahaha, so last night after dinner, I was working in the office when Enza walked in, and she had the puppy dog look on her face as she said to me, "I think you're going to have to make a run." A run? I didn't understand what she was talking about. We just had a big dinner and we were both stuffed, so I asked her what she wanted. Well after a second or two, she looked up and said, "I think you need to make a run to The Fish Market." And here I was thinking she wanted calamari or some fried catfish, but sure enough, she wanted some chocolate covered strawberries! At first I thought she was joking, but then I realized that she wasn't laughing-she was dead serious! Needless to say, we jumped in the truck and picked up some of their famous strawberries. It was something like $6 for half a dozen, but when we looked in the box, the girl gave us seven of them. Good looking out! I know its still early in the game, but I guess I'm just preparing myself for the late night requests for chocolate chip pancakes, or that trip across town for gelato classico. Oh boy, I can't wait =)

Enz told me about a particular superstition regarding a pregnant woman's cravings. I guess if you don't satisfy the cravings, your baby will be born with a strange birthmark? Hmmm, can't really say that there's scientific evidence to support that theory, but its easy to humor those who believe it to be true. Then again, I think I've jumped every time Enz has made a request for "the baby" =)

No comments: