Friday, November 03, 2006

Thought of the day

I was speaking to one of my best friends last night, just choppin' it up about things, talking about kids and what not. We were thinking about our "clique" from back in the day, and how pretty much everyone has kids now. What's more fascinating is that a great majority of the guys had daughters first. That being said, CONGRATULATIONS to Craig & Brandi on the recent birth of their daughter Sofia! I hope I got the spelling right! May she bring you endless joy and wonderful memories!!!

Well it's obvious that I'll be the next one to add to the list of "daughters first," which seems to be the trend. A lot of people say its "payback" for a guy to have a girl first, but I see it more as a blessing. As Derick and I continued chatting, he said it best:

"A little boy can make a man feel like a father, but it takes a little girl to make a man feel like a daddy."

Of course, I'm not a father just yet, nor do I have a son, or a daughter for that matter, to base this statement on; I just thought it was an awesome quote, one that I probably won't forget. At this point I'm overwhelmed with emotion over the thought of being a father. I can only imagine what it'll be like once that time comes, and looking at the calendar, it's right around the corner!

No comments: