Thursday, November 02, 2006

Daddy's home...

I never really gave much thought about having to travel for work and be away from my family. In actuality, I never had to travel until recently. I was working on a project in San Diego for the past 10 days, which is why this blog hasn't been updated much in the last couple of weeks!

The thought of being away for just over a week wasn't too bad, I mean sure, I missed Enza the most as well as our "little" pup. And yeah, I missed the home cooked meals, my own bed, my own car, and even my own bathroom. And it's true, our baby isn't born yet, but being away from her, in Enza's belly, really did a number on me. For the last ten days, I wasn't able to rub or talk to Enza's belly, just to make that special connection with our baby. I didn't realize how tough that would be. I can't begin to imagine how difficult it will be once the baby is born. In all honesty, I don't know how people do it. How can they be away from their families for so long without it affecting them?

While I was away, I would chat with Enz every night, and before we'd get off the phone, she'd place the phone near her belly just so I could get a little "one on one" time with my little girl. I don't know how much of an impact that made, but it meant the world to me to be able to communicate with her just to let her know that I was missing her.

I'm glad to be home! It was the best feeling to see my beautiful wife greet me at the airport. The look on her face can't be described with words. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful soul mate, and I can't wait until our little one joins the family! Even though I was only gone for a short amount of time, Enza's look has changed dramatically. I couldn't wait to see her and how different she's become. What a trip! And now that I'm home, I realize that there's a ton of things to do, with so little time to do it in. Day by day it becomes more and more of a reality to the both of us, and it'll all be worth it in the end!

No comments: